In August, the Woodburn PTA applied for and won a $5,000 grant from the National PTA, sponsored by Tik Tok. The PTA board made the decision to focus on the social and emotional health of Woodburn students. Activities paid for by the grant will help them engage in mindfulness activities and get outside as much as possible. The grant will help support the following:
- A shade sail in the outdoor classroom
- A new collaboration with Love and Carrots to install drip irrigation and a fall and spring vegetable garden
- Grow at Home kits
- A Little Library at Woodburn
- A virtual enrichment series featuring artists, writers, farmers, and scientists.
- Trips to Hidden Oaks Nature Centers for nature seminars
The board will move ahead with spending on this grant this in September. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any question or would like to help!