The Woodburn PTA has been busy this summer planning for the 2020-2021 school year. We have many opportunities for parents to get involved with the PTA and volunteer.
Please reach out to Mary Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of these positions.
Wooburn PTA Treasurer Rebecca Leach and the family will be away from Woodburn for 2020-21. As a community member, Rebecca has generously offered to stay on as Treasurer, but if a parent with children at Woodburn for this school year would like to nominate themselves for the role, we are accepting nominations until September 30th.
This position requires a commitment of about 2 to 5hours per week. Duties are described below.
- Prepares annual budget for adoption by the board
- Maintains permanent records to track funds and financial transactions
- Prepares financial reports for every board and association meeting and an annual financial report
- Manages financial accounts and pays all PTA bills and reimbursements as authorized by board
- Submits dues to Virginia PTA office in accordance with the schedule
- Ensures taxes and reports required by PTA bylaws, insurance or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by the due dates
- Fulfills duties as outlined in bylaws
- This position requires a commitment of about 6 hours per month.
- Creates a plan to meet PTA fundraising goals
- Plans and implements major fundraising activities, including Fun Run and restaurant nights
- Works with communication chair to develop promotional materials for fundraising events
- Identifies volunteers, as necessary, to support fundraising events
- Solicits local businesses for donations to support PTA activities
- Restaurant Night Coordinator – Schedule Take Out night fundraisers. About two hours per month.
- Website Manager – Help maintain the PTA website. About four hours per month.
- Raise a Reader Program – Lead the Raise a Reader event in February, help launch the Little Library, and support reading at Woodburn. About 4 hours per month with increased intensity leading up to the event in February.