Woodburn Elementary PTA
PTA Membership Meeting Minutes
Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:00 PM Woodburn Elementary School Library
- Call to order: The meeting was called to order by Sharon Today, PTA Vice President at 7:00 PM in the library. All executive officers were present.
- A quorum was established for conducting business of the association (minimum of 10 members).
- Special Election: Outgoing PTA President Edith Forde-MacArthur addressed the membership regarding the circumstances surrounding her recent resignation from the Executive Committee, and she conducted the Special Election for her replacement. Terri Radziewski, current PTA Secretary, was nominated. She accepted the nomination and a vote by show of hands was held. The vote was unanimous in her favor. Edith turned the meeting over to Terri.
- Principal’s report: Mrs. Chapin’s Principal’s report covered: FCPS Strategic Plan, Portrait of a Graduate, various means of communication between the school and home, Title 1 which included discussion on the School Improvement Plan, as well as FCPS Budget and budget proposal tools for the public to use to voice their opinions. Mrs. Chapin ended with the announcement that the school will be getting a “Little Lending Library” as a project for a local Girl Scout who is pursuing her Gold Award.
- Treasurer’s Report: John Alexander, Treasurer, presented the annual Audit to the membership for approval. After brief discussion the Audit was adopted by the membership. John went on to open the floor to discussion of the annual Budget. During the Budget discussion, Tara Sabbagh volunteered to lead our Fun Run as a fundraiser this year, so that budget line item will be moved to the Revenue side of the budget. Mary Skinner also volunteered to lead a BINGO/Game night as an additional fundraiser. The vote was held and the annual Budget was approved.
- Committee Reports:
- Membership: Laura Champ-Mitchell discussed Membership Drives, reasons for joining the PTA and how membership leads to community building.
- Fall Movie Night: Hind Alaoui-Zaki discussed movie options for the Fall movie night as well as ideas for concessions. A family survey may be done to determine the movie.
- Muffins with Mom: Jessica Judy discussed plans for this event on 10/23. She will be trying to get food donated/comped, but will need volunteers to help with the event.
- Garden Committee: Paul Davis had to leave, no report was given.
- Reiteration of FCPS Budget tools and a handout available for parents
- Mason District Community Budget Meeting with School Board Member Sandy Evans Location: Stuart High School’s Little Theater 9/28/15 7:00 – 9:00 PM
- Next PTA Board Meeting, Location WES Library October 15, 2015, 7:00 PM
- Brief announcement form Laura Gould regarding Mindfulness in Schools, handout available to parents.
- Meeting adjourned 8:27 PM
Minutes: Approved as presented: ____ Date: ___________
Approved as corrected: _XX__ Date: 10/15/2015__