Come and join the PTA in celebrating the Chinese/Lunar New Year and get to know your Woodburn community. Join the celebration and bring a dish or dessert to share!
The whole event will take place Thursday 2/11 6:30 PM – 9:00PM.
The PTA meeting will begin at 7:30. Childcare will be provided.
It’s not too late to Register for Chess Club! Session starts 2/9 Tuesday AM.
Register NOW! Last opportunity to sign your child up for the following enrichment programs.
Exciting New Enrichment Programs start next week, the week of 1/12.
- Electrical Engineering by Ascendly – learn and create different challenges each week with electricity.
- Minecraft by STEMexCEL – learn different strategies and ideas on how to create mods. You get to play and collaborate with others.
- Introduction to computer science and coding by STEMexCEL – learn what programming and coding is all about by different group and individual weekly projects.
- Starting 2/9 – Chess Club back by popular demand – practice and learn chess moves and strategies with others on Tuesday mornings before school.
Information will be coming home in Thursday Folder and Wildcat Weekly for you look over and register. If you would like more info right away, please email Sharon Toda, PTA Enrichment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s say Happy Holidays to our Wonderful Woodburn teachers and staff!
Here are ways that you can help:
- Donate items mentioned above
- Coordinate decorations and raffle gifts
- Help set up in the Teachers’ Lounge on Friday morning (7am).
Items to donate include:
Individual servings of drinks (juice, water, sodas, etc.)
Individual servings of yogurt
Muffins, breakfast breads, croissants, etc.
Hot casseroles that are not too messy
Whole fruits (apples, oranges, bananas)
Individual packets of granola/nuts/dried fruit
Other fun treats!
Items should be delivered by 7:45am on Friday, December 11. If non-perishable, items can be left in the office on Thursday, December 10.
There’s a day for giving thanks, and now a global day for giving back. On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, GIVING TUESDAY, give your child the only gift that lasts a lifetime – a tax-deductible donation to the Woodburn PTA.
From field trips and the Kennedy Center partnership to technology and arts programs, the Woodburn PTA supports programs and initiatives our children don’t get through federal, state or local government. But to keep it going, we need your help.
Donate online or complete this form and return to school: PTA Giving Tuesday Appeal for Donations 11 22 15
Checks, made payable to, “Woodburn PTA”
Make your donation go further. Challenge a grandparent, neighbor or friend to match your gift!