While we show appreciation for Woodburn teachers, year round, the week of May 4-8 is an extra special time to share that appreciation for all that they do for our children! To make this week super-successful, we need your help!
Monday May 4: Breakfast Trail Mix Bar in Teacher’s Lounge
- 2 Volunteers to help set up the Trail mix bar – 8:15am – 9:00am
Wednesday May 6: Luncheon (in Teacher’s Lounge – sandwich fixings and salads)
- 4 volunteers to help with lunch set-up – 10:30am
- 2 volunteers for clean up – 2:00pm
Thursday May 7: Cards and Flowers from students
- A volunteer to buy flowers and bring on the 7th ready to give to children who don’t bring one for their teacher – Should be done on Wednesday. Would be wonderful if you contacted stores ahead of time for donations – Safeway and Giant would be good sources
- A volunteer to prepare vases for the teachers. Tie a ribbon with a note, for instance. Vases will be provided – this can be done the week prior at your convenience.
- 4 volunteers to help pass out the flowers – 8:45 – 9:15am
Friday, May 8: Parents say Thanks!
- 2 volunteers to help set up our “buffet” of treats for teachers (school/desk supplies and treats) – 9:30 – 10:30am
Please contact Allison McMullin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are delighted with the recent announcement that Woodburn ES has been selected as one of the schools that CETA will continue to work with on Art Integration. Woodburn has been using Art Integration in everyday teaching–supporting all subject areas and student expression.
Many other schools have taken this approach. A recent article showcases other schools taking this approach and the impact of the arts integration in supporting student learning:
You can also read more about Woodburn’s arts integration approach here.
April 6 Teacher Work Day No School For Students
April 9 Restaurant Night – Silver Diner, Merrifield 5:00-8:00 pm
April 10 Movie Night – Gym 7:00-8:45
April 15 Drama Club Performance – Gym 6:30 pm
April 16 3rd Quarter Ends
April 16 2 Hour Early Dismissal 1:55 pm
April 17 Teacher Work Day No School For Students
April 16 Restaurant Night – McDonald’s, Annandale 5:00-8:00 pm
April 23 PTA Meeting, Library 7:00-8:00 pm
Presentation: Luther Jackson Middle School transition
2015-2016 PTA Executive Board Slate presented
MOVIE NIGHT is April 10
If you registered for the original event and ARE able to attend on April 10th, no additional action is required. Your child will receive his/her wristband on April 9th.
If you registered for the original event, but CANNOT ATTEND due to the date change, please email Carolyn Siegel at email@example.com. We are happy to refund registration fees for those who are unable to attend. Refund requests must be received by Monday, March 23rd.
If additional spaces become available, we’ll let you know. Reminders For Those Who Are Registered:
* Bring pillows, sleeping bags, stuffed animals, etc. PJs optional! 🙂
* Students MUST be signed in and out by a parent/guardian.
* Students MUST wear their wristband to enter.
* NO ELECTRONIC GAMES. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK.
* Concessions: Water & popcorn included. Additional snacks will be available for purchase.
Last’s Thursday’s meeting was chock full of newsy updates for Woodburn families, and you can read about it HERE, in the draft minutes.
There will be a vote to approve these minutes at the next PTA meeting on Thursday, April 23rd. Thanks for taking time to read through them – we value your feedback!