Wednesday, Dec. 19
Woodburn Teachers’ Lounge
Luncheon Theme: Holidays Around the World
December is here! As families celebrate the holidays, we want to honor the teachers and staff of our school family by serving them a holiday lunch. The theme is “Holidays Around the World.” If you have a food dish that is meaningful by your family during the holidays, please share it! Or, bring any dish that will bless the teachers’ bellies – even if it’s not part of a family tradition!
- Drop off your food item (labeled, if possible) by 10am on December 19th. You may leave it in the front office or take it directly to the teacher’s lounge.
- Please bring your food in a disposable dish OR arrange to pick-up your dish from the teachers’ lounge after 2pm on the 19th.
- If you have a story or reason your family likes a particular dish, please email that to Katharine Kraft, so it can be used in the luncheon display.
Contact Katharine Kraft with any questions.
Developing Learners at School and at Home: Literacy and Math Night
Wednesday, November 14th, 6pm—7:30 (at Woodburn)
Join us for an interactive evening! Families are invited to explore
- Positivity Project—Character Traits
- Nonfiction Reading and Writing
- Math Concepts,
- Technology programs
**Each child receives a free book!
See you at school for Literacy and Math Night on Wednesday, November 14!
This year, we are excited to offer short sleeve t-shirts for $12 and hoodie sweatshirts for $25 (add $2 each for XXL sizes).
Order deadline is Friday, October 19.
All Reflections submissions are due
THIS FRIDAY, October 19th.
More information about Reflections can be found on the Reflections Page. Download the submission form here. All submissions and questions should be directed to Linnea Kessler-Gowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, October 26, 2018
7:00 – 8:30pm
Join your friends for a fun night of dancing!
- Dance to your favorite songs played by a DJ!
- Have your picture taken in the Woodburn Photo Booth!
- Refreshments will be on sale at the Woodburn snack bar (Hosted by the 6th Graders)
- All students must be accompanied by an adult who remains at the school the entire time their children are at the dance.
Wear your favorite costume (if you want to; we hope you do!)
Absolutely NO weapons or masks allowed— this includes light sabers, swords, toy guns, etc.
Adults are encouraged to DRESS UP, too!
Additionally, there will be a “chill out zone” in the library for grown-ups. New Woodburn magnets will be available for sale.
We need chaperones
If you’re able to chaperone and help monitor student behavior, please sign-up online at https://bit.ly/2NmFeXZ (or complete the form that came home in Thursday folders and return to the front office.)