Teacher and Staff Appreciation breakfast takes place Tuesday, December 17.
Thank you to all who have offered to support the event, whether by way of food and drinks, and setting and clean up!
Food/drink items should include ingredients list, and be labeled “Teacher Appreciation Breakfast”
2 options for dropping off food/drink items:
1) drop off your items in the cafeteria at 7:30am on Tuesday 12/17
2) drop off in the office during school hours on Monday 12/16
(non-perishable items in the office, and perishable items in the fridge in the Clinic).
For those who will help set up, please arrive to school at 7:30am Tuesday, 12/17.
For those who will help clean up, please arrive a little before 9am.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
Woodburn Teachers’ Lounge
Luncheon Theme: Holidays Around the World
December is here! As families celebrate the holidays, we want to honor the teachers and staff of our school family by serving them a holiday lunch. The theme is “Holidays Around the World.” If you have a food dish that is meaningful by your family during the holidays, please share it! Or, bring any dish that will bless the teachers’ bellies – even if it’s not part of a family tradition!
- Drop off your food item (labeled, if possible) by 10am on December 19th. You may leave it in the front office or take it directly to the teacher’s lounge.
- Please bring your food in a disposable dish OR arrange to pick-up your dish from the teachers’ lounge after 2pm on the 19th.
- If you have a story or reason your family likes a particular dish, please email that to Katharine Kraft, so it can be used in the luncheon display.
Contact Katharine Kraft with any questions.
This link for the full October 18 meeting slides includes the teacher-led presentations: What to Expect With a (___) Grader.
- Ms. Hale & Ms. Manno discussed how students make sense of math using different concepts.
- Ms. Cortes covered Language Arts, and the importance of reading with your child.
- Ms. Gannon explained emotional development of students throughout the elementary school years.
Review the October Meeting Minutes.